Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Truth About Love

You didn't write yesterday.

and I keep telling myself it does't mean anything...but songs that don't make 
sense have the greater meaning and the girls with soft hair and no make up 
are the most beautiful..

I keep my mouse on refresh, as if every time I click it sends you a reminder 

to respond. That way I'm not forgotten and the silence acting as tension in 
my chest can release. 


I am convinced that the real killer is love and heart attacks are merely the 
aftershock. Yes drugs cause harm, and alcohol causes damage but love, love
is straight poison....

...because you didn't write yesterday. And I keep telling myself it doesn't mean
anything...I pour myself a glass of reality, tilt my head back, and take the shot.

4 comments:

  1. "I am convinced that the real killer is love and heart attacks are merely the
    aftershock. " the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fresh.

    I thought for at least 45 seconds trying to find the word to capture how I felt. And FRESH is that word. I really liked this. It's different. It's good. It's....fresh.

    "I keep my mouse on refresh..."

    "You didn't write yesterday..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS HEAVEN. So delicious to read. And I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me grateful for the relations I currently have... To cherish them... Rather than waiting the ones I don't really have. I also felt deep compassion for those who are continuing to search for love and acceptance. Thank you

    ReplyDelete