Monday, July 28, 2014

The Pleas Of A Curious Heart


I don't understand the stars anymore.
Even though I've always known
the map to your heart never existed.

I can't find you anywhere, but I need you.
I've never seen you, but I need to.
A diamond in the rough you, you stay hidden.

And maybe this is a good thing…
but this dress can only stay so white,
and my heart can only pump for so long.


And I'm waiting… for our lightning to
strike. This humidity scrunches my hair
and wetens my nose, the same rock shines
through my window with visions of you and I..
that is my only lullaby.



Because going from 100 to 1 is pointless.
Counting sheep was never my style, and
waiting for you continues to be an
unfinished game that never fancied me.





I wish you could take my hand. Come with
me in one arabian night I could show you my world.
In a way that would convince you to stay…here
with me. forever. Our hands and hearts laced for
eternity.

                                           Until these parted plates of our souls shift to form
                                           the perfect puzzle of a romance, I'll wait. I'll wait
                                           for you. As long as you do the same, my darling,
                                           please, do the same.

1 comment:

  1. "...this dress can only stay so white,
    and my heart can only pump for so long."

    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete