Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Difference between my Bones, my Brain, and my Heart

My heart and brain are empty with regret while my bones continue to be full and work wholeheartedly.

My brain isn't as developed as the kids at Harvard. But my bones are stronger than theirs. They have to be...after all I've been through. 

My heart screams:
"I'm tired of feeling. I'm tired of pumping your blood around your body."
While my bones tell me:
"I'll carry you through. Rest on me. I'll carry you through." 

I rely on my bones.

I rely too much on my bones. And one day they'll crack from exhaustion, and become as hollow as the rest of me. When that day comes, I'll know it is time to lay and rest. For the sake of my bones, I'll have to rest. 

I walk through this life, and maybe one day, I'll see this world for all of it's beauty instead of it's insecurities. And maybe one day I'll listen to what my bones plea.

Until then, I continue through this life listening to my head and my heart, my brain and my blood supplier. The two places where I have found happiness, the things I turned to. 

But, those things have betrayed me. 

And I can feel my trust failing, fading. 

8 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this, as reading it, the message you were trying to portray became really clear; almost conversational.

    "I walk through this life, and maybe one day, I'll see this world for all of it's beauty instead of it's insecurities."

    )Oh, and, clever motif's as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I rely on my bones." This is good, very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read your blog before, but I love it. You have some mad talent as a writer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rely on my bones.
    What a great concept. This is my first time reading your blog as well, and I've been missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I walk through this life, and maybe one day, I'll see this world for all of it's beauty instead of it's insecurities.#stolen

    ReplyDelete