Saturday, March 29, 2014

Tunnels

Just a heads up, this blogpost is entirely religious. I don't usually post about this subject so consider this a risk. 

I'm still afraid of the dark.
And maybe it's because I'm afraid of the unknown.
You know, I've reached another tunnel. As thick and as dense of a human's eye all I see is darkness. With every step the fear grows. I can see my future fading farther and farther, I'm starving for something new, reaching. Reaching. 
At last I grasp it. I clench it with hands made from dreams and birthday cake wishes. Help is no longer a word. It's a necessity. My vision blurs. Salt fills my eyes until I see a glimpse. I see a hand. I see a light. The bitter salt loses its sting. 

And I remember.

I know the man who created the moon. 
If you don't know Him, let me show you who He is and what He means to me.

He is patient.
He is kind.
He is loving.
He is my everything.
He is my world.
He is my light.
He knows me. And I know Him.

For a second I pause. Warmth fills my heart to my very soul. A love indescribable overpowers the fear.

I see Him.
I see all His glory.
I praise Him.
He reaches for my hand, we share and embrace.

Instantly, comfort overwhelms me.

He takes away the fear. He adjusts my lens. He sharpens my vision.  
He is Jesus Christ.

Now the tunnel brightens. 
I'm not afraid of the dark anymore.
I crave the unknown. 
I can taste it on the tip of my tongue.
I want it.

The salt returns like sugar, sweet sugar. The only kind of tears that are brought by gratitude, love, and hope.

There will be more tunnels. 
Just like this one.
As my journey continues, I hope to never forget this man, for He created the moon and He is my God. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm not religious, but I have a lot of respect for the guts it took to post this. Good for you for doing you. Good for you for standing up for something. Good for you for being willing to be controversial.

    ReplyDelete