Saturday, March 15, 2014

World

I want to see the world. 

Not just to visit, but to live. 

I want to experience being immune to the heat in Brazil. Clapping outside of houses and having dessert pizza and maybe even get really fat. 

I want to brace the cold and beauty in Alaska. I want to shut my blinds and curtains in order to sleep. I don't just want to see the Northern Lights from my computer screen, I want to breathe them in and truly see them. 

I want to taste real basil, authentic mozzarella cheese, and fresh tomatoes on crust an Italian rolled out and created. I want to sit in a boat and row through buildings and under bridges. 

I want to speak French, wear an ascot, a red and white striped shirt, and sit by a cafe with a sketchbook, my thoughts, and a dark hot chocolate in a thin glass teacup. 

I want to go surfing at Bondi beach, just to feel the thrill of the cold water and hot sun on the back of my neck. I want to eat fish and actually like it. 

I want to see the world. I want to experience it. Taste it. Live it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment